The exam syllabus of BITSAT 2021 consists of Physics, chemistry Math and English. It is an entrance exam for anyone who aspires to do a course in UG in BITS.
- Physics: Mechanical Properties, Current Electricity, Dual Nature of Matter & Radiation, Magnetism & Moving Charges, Rigid Body Dynamics, Gravitation, Kinematics, Work, Energy and Power, Units & Measurement, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Impulse and Momentum, Rotational Motion, Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, electronic devices, modern physics, optics.
- Chemistry: Surface Chemistry, Hydrogen and s-block elements, s-p-d and f-blocks elements, States of Matter, Atomic Structure, Thermodynamics, Physical and Chemical Equilibrium, Electro chemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Biological, Industrial and Environmental Chemistry, Theoretical Principles of Experimental Chemistry, Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure, Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbon, Stereo chemistry, Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Oxygen and Nitrogen.
- Math: Pascal’s triangle, Circles, Straight lines & Pair of straight lines, Complex numbers, The fundamental theorem of algebra, Theory of Quadratic equations, Arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, Statistics, Logarithms and their properties, Sets, Relations & Functions, Matrices Determinants, Heights and Distances, Exponential series, Permutations and combinations, Binomial theorem.
- Logical reasoning: Coding-Decoding, Blood Relations, Series Completion, Assertion & Reason, Clocks Calendars, Direction Sense Test, Logical Venn Diagrams, Situation Reaction Test, Statement-Arguments, Binary Logic, Verbal Reasoning, Non-verbal Reasoning, Analogy, Puzzle Test, Syllogism, Classification Test, Alphabet Test, Eligibility Test, Data Sufficiency Theme Detection, Statement-Conclusions, Arithmetical Reasoning, Number and Letter Series, Mathematical Operations, Logical Sequence of Words, Alpha Numeric Sequence Puzzle, Inserting the Missing Character, Number, Ranking & Time Sequence, Linear and Matrix arrangement, Deriving Conclusions from Passages.
- English proficiency: Synonyms, Antonyms, Conclusion, Composition, Comprehension, Word Formation, Error Correction, Theme detection, Fill in the Blanks, Unseen Passages, Subject-Verb Agreement, Antonyms and Synonyms, Sentence Rearrangement, Idioms & Phrases, Passage Correction, Idioms and Phrases, Sentence Correction, Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability, Analogies, Syllogisms, Vocabulary, Passage Completion, Sentence Completion.
Exam Pattern for BITSAT 2021:
- The mode of exam is online
- Exam duration is 3 hours
- There will be four sections of questions
- Four subjects are asked, Physics, chemistry, math/ biology, English
- Total number of questions asked are 150 questions.
Parts of exam
- Physics – 40 questions – 120 marks
- Chemistry – 40 questions – 120 marks
- English proficiency – 15 questions 45 marks
Logical reasoning- 10 questions- 30 marks
- Math/ biology- 45 questions – 135 marks
Total marks 450 marks