Bihar Technical Service Commission or also known as BTSC is derived from the Bihar Technical Service Commission committee act, 2014. This act states that the this will provide candidates with technical posts of group B and C under the Bihar government. Before the Bihar Technical Service Commission committee act had come into action the candidates were appointed by the Bihar staff selection commission.
BTSC Bihar JE: Highlights
For applying to write the BTSC Bihar examination candidate must apply for it online on their official website btsc.bhi.nic.in . To know more about this exam and vacancies and more details continue reading this article.
For candidates interested in government jobs in Bihar can apply for BTSC Bihar junior engineering examination. The application form applying date starts from 6th February 2020 to 17th February 2020 being the last date for applying. For this exam candidates must have their diploma. There are total of 9416 seats available for interested candidates.
|Recruitment headings of BTSC Bihar 2020||Details|
|Name of the board||Bihar Technical Service Commission|
|Name of the post||Junior Engineer (JE)|
|Application form applying start date||6th February 2020|
|Application form applying last date||17th February 2020|
|Exam mode||Written test and interview|
|Official website||btsc.bhi.nic.in or Pariksha.Nic.In|
BTSC Bihar JE: Admit Card
The admit card provided by the authorities for the candidates is very important to be carried in the exam hall, without which the candidates will be dismissed from the exam hall. The admit card of BTSCH Bihar 2020 JE must be released in April 2020, the specific dates are not yet announced by the board. One week before the main examination the admit cards are to be released.
The admit card must be downloaded from their official website btsc.bhi.nic.in or Pariksha.Nic.In . the applicant needs to keep some log in credentials in handy as they will be used for downloading admit cards and other things for this exam.
BTSC Bihar JE: Syllabus
The syllabus for BTSC Bihar Junior Engineering consists of Math, general science, reasoning, general intelligence, awareness and all streams of engineering syllabus is mentioned below
Introduction to Three Dimensional Geometry
- Straight Lines
- Conic Sections
- Permutations and Combinations
- Probability Function
- Limits and Continuity
- Applications of Derivatives
- Indefinite Integrals Binomial Theorem
- Instrumental methods
- Organic reaction mechanism
- Bioinorganic chemistry
- Poisons and Pesticides
- Reasoning- verbal and non verbal reasoning
- Venn Diagrams
- Word Sequence
- Missing Characters
- Sequential Output training
- Paper Cutting
- Cubes and Dice
- Water Images
- Dot Situation
- Identical figure groupings
- Forming figures and analysis
- Construction of Squares and Triangles
- General intelligence-
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Mathematical Operations
- Venn diagrams
- Number Series
- National and International current affairs
- World organizations
- Countries and Capitals
- Famous Places in India
- Political Science
- Science and innovations
- New inventions
- Engineering subjects-
- Soil Mechanics
- Hydraulic Structure
- Professional practice
- Transportation Engineer 1 & 2 (Road)
- Quantity Estimation
- Building Planning
- Power Engineering
- Engineering topics
- Switchgear & protection (MC/ LV) & LT Switchgear design and testing
- Distribution HT/ LT Line parameters
- Performance of line fault analysis
- Non-conventional Energy sources like Wind, Solar, Biomass
- Engineering Mechanics
- Energy conservation
- Machining and Machine Tool Operations
- Metal Casting
- The Strength of Materials
- Management Information System
- Machining and Machine Tool Operations
- Industry Safety
BTSC BIHAR JE: Exam pattern
The exam pattern for Junior Engineering is as mentioned below:
- The exam will be held in the written format.
- The exam will be given in two languages Hindi and English and the candidate can choose which language he/she wants to attempt in.
- Topics asked in the exam will be based on Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, English, Current Affairs and Technical Subjects.
- The questions asked will be all multiple choice questions.
- There will two steps for this exam the first will be the written text next the interview.
- For the interview the candidate must have qualified the written exam first.
- The exam time frame will be 2 hours 0r 120 minutes.
- Each section will have 100 questions of 1 mark each summing up to 100 marks for each section.
BTSC Bihar JE: Eligibility Criteria
- The exam will be held for students from background of civil and electrical engineering backgrounds.
- The candidate must have had a polytechnic diploma degree after studying it for three years.
- The fields of jobs offered are Town Development & Housing, Planning & Development, Rural Work, Public Health Engineering, Building Construction, Water Resources, Road Construction, Small Water Resources, Building Construction.
BTSC Bihar JE: Selection process
The selection process will be of two rounds and another last round for document verification. The first will be the written test, where the candidate must write an offline exam of all multiple choice questions and will have 100 questions each for each section with one mark each. If the candidate manages to qualify the first test i.e,written test then he/she will be eligible for the second round the interview. If the candidate is selected in the interview round then he/she will be called for document verification and then allotted jobs under the government section.
BTSC Bihar JE: Previous year paper
The best preparation method is to practice previous year papers, and in this JE exam too practicing previous year papers are essential.
The old papers give a good closure and outlook for the upcoming paper and help students practice question which may or may not appear in the main exam. Similar questions can be expected and help the students further. Practicing previous year paper also helps giving the candidate an exact idea about the exam pattern and marks distribution.
The important topics frequently asked questions on a particular topic, they can see all this and get an idea about which topic is given importance and which is not and prepare accordingly.
Previous year papers also help in time management, after the student sets a timer and practices the previous year papers then he/she will get an idea about how to solve questions and how fast they can be solved in the main examination.