Delhi Polytechnic Entrance Exam is the other name for Delhi Common Entrance Test. Here is an insight at everything you need to know about this examination:
ABOUT THE EXAM
Delhi Common Entrance Test abbreviated as Delhi CET is a state level entrance exam conducted by the Department of Training and Technical Education of Delhi. It is also known as Delhi Polytechnic Entrance Exam. The exam is held to avail admissions in the colleges of Delhi in the Diploma courses. Through this examination candidates can be a part of full time Diploma course for both technical and non-technical programmes in Polytechnic. It is conducted every year usually in the month of June. Pen and paper based i.e. offline mode is the only mode through which this exam can be given. Those looking forward to apply for this exam, the application form will be made available in the month of April 2021. The exam will be held in the Last Week of June, 2021. Let’s look over the further details –
Here are few guidelines for the exam-
- Delhi CET is also referred as Delhi Polytechnic Entrance Exam
- It is a State level entrance examination conducted every year usually in the month of May.
- It avail admissions into full time diploma courses in Polytechnic
- Candidates can only seek admission in the colleges of Delhi
- The exam will only be conducted in offline mode i.e. Pen and Paper based mode
- The application process for the exam will start in the April 2021 and it will carry on till the third week of May 2021.
- No corrections in the application form after the last date of submission will be entertained
- The exam centers will only be allotted in Delhi
- Delhi CET is conducted for a total of five tests
- Applicants have to apply separately for separate tests
- Scanned passport size photograph, scanned image of the signature and the thumb impression of the candidate is required to be uploaded during the application process
- Admit cards for the exam will be made available by the 3rd week of June 2021.
- Candidates can download the admit card from the official website of the exam conducting authority
- Delhi CET 2021 examination is expected to be conducted in the Last Week of June 2021.
- Students are advised to keep their admit card safe with them and bring it to the examination hall as without it entry will not be allowed
- Students are advised to use only black ball point pen for filling the OMR sheet
- The duration for the exam is two hours and thirty minutes (2hrs 30mins)
Delhi CET 2021: IMPORTANT DATES
Once the official dates are announced they will be updated here. By then let’s have a look at the previous year’s schedule for examination-
|Delhi CET 2021 EVENTS||IMPORTANT DATES (Tentative)|
|Application form start date||April 2021|
|Application form submission last date||Third week of May 2021|
|Availability of Admit Card||3rd week of June 2021|
|Delhi CET 2020 Exam Date||Last Week of June 2021|
|Result Declaration||2nd week of July 2021|
|Start of counseling process||After result declaration|
Before you apply for the exam let’s look over the eligibility criteria–
Delhi CET 2021: ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Delhi CET 2021 is common entrance test which avails admission into full time diploma courses in technical and non-technical field in Polytechnic. The eligibility criterion to seek admission in these courses is set by the exam conducting authority of Delhi CET. To be able to sit for the examination a candidate must fulfill the following eligibility criteria–
- The eligibility criteria is different for different tests
- A candidate should have passed class 10th or equivalent with Mathematics, Science and English as compulsory subjects.
- A minimum of 35% should be score in these compulsory subjects.
- Should be passed in Mathematics, Science and English separately without grace marks.
- Those students who are appearing for the qualifying exam in 2021 are also eligible.
- It is necessary for candidates to pass class 12th exam from any recognized board with a minimum of 45% (40% for SC/ST category) to avail admission in pharmacy programme.
- The lower age limit is 21 years of age as on 1st August of the year of admission.
Delhi CET 2021: APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Once you find yourself eligible for the exam the next step is to apply for it, here’s an outlook how-
- Delhi CET 2021 application form will be made by the April 2021.
- It will be released by the authority on its official website.
- The third week of May, 2021 will be the last date for the submission of application form.
- Candidates can fill the application form through online mode only.
- There is no need to send the filled application form through offline mode.
- A candidate is allowed to submit only one application form for a test.
- They have to fill separate application form for different tests.
- An application fee of Rs. 400 + the additional charges is charged.
- The application fee can be paid through both offline and online mode i.e. by debit/credit cards, net banking or by challan form in any branch of corporation bank in India.
- It is non-refundable and will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- If a candidate is found ineligible at any stage of the examination process their application will be cancelled.
Delhi CET 2021: EXAM PATTERN
A candidate should go through the exam pattern thoroughly so as to obtain a better understanding of the exam. Here’s the exam pattern for Delhi CET 2021-
|Delhi CET 2021: EXAM PATTERN|
|Mode of the Examination||Pen and paper based i.e. Offline mode|
|Duration||Each exam will have a time duration of 2 hours and 30 minutes|
|Number of tests||Five|
|Language Mode||Test 1,4 and 5 – English and Hindi Test 2 – Only English Test 3 – Only Hindi|
|Number of Questions||There will be a total of 150 questions (Mathematics- 50, Physics – 40, Chemistry – 30, Biology – 15 & English – 15)|
|Types of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Marking Scheme||Four marks will be awarded for each correct answer|
|Negative Marking||One mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer|
Students are advised to use only black ball point pen for filling the OMR sheet
|Other Backward classes||27%|
Delhi CET 2021: Admit Card
- Candidates can download the admit card from the Delhi CET 2021 official website.
- It will be made available by the 3rd week of June 2021.
- The admit card will not be sent by any offline means.
- To download the admit card the candidate needs to fill in his/her application number.
- Details like name of the candidate, date of birth, roll no. , category, course, exam center, exam date and time will be mentioned in the admit card.
- No entry will be allowed in the examination hall without the admit card.
- Candidates are advised to keep their admit card safe till the end of the admission procedure.
How to download the Admit Card-
- Visit the official website
- ‘Delhi CET 2021 Admit Card’ will appear click on it
- A login page will appear
- Enter application number and password and click on ‘submit’
- CET Delhi 2021 Admit card will appear on the screen
- Print the admit card and keep it safe for further use
Delhi CET 2021: SYLLABUS
Delhi CET 2021 syllabus comprises topics from both 11th and 12th standard based on these subjects- Science, Mathematics, English/Hindi. It includes the in-depth knowledge of all the above mentioned subjects.
Delhi CET 2021: RESULT
- The Result will be declared in the 2nd week of July 2021 on the official website of Delhi CET 2021.
- To check the result candidates will first have to enter a few details such as roll no. and date of birth.
- On the basis of marks secured by the candidate a rank list will be prepared.
- It too can be downloaded through the official website of Delhi CET 2021.
- Take a printout of your result card for future reference.
- The result once declared will not have any changes.
Delhi CET: COUNSELING
- The counseling procedure will start only after the update of the merit list.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for counseling according to their rank list.
- There will be a total of four rounds in the entire process.
- Processing of fee submission, online registration, and choice filling process, seat allotment and Enrolment Facilities are some of the activities that are a part of the counseling procedure.
- Seats will be allotted on the basis of the candidate’s rank, preferences and seat availability.
- Rs. 700 + the additional charges will be the counseling fee.
- Copy of online registration slip, counseling fee payment receipt, copy of provisional allotment letter, copy of choices submitted, 2 colored passport size photographs, CET Delhi 2021 admit card and rank card, category certificate, migration certificate, class 10th certificates and medical fitness certificates are some documents candidates must carry with them in the counseling procedure.