EAMCET is conducted as AP EAMCET (for Andhra Pradesh candidates) and TS EAMCET (for Telangana candidates) since 2015 due to the separation of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana in 2014. Here is an insight at everything you need to know about this examination:
ABOUT THE EXAM
Engineering, Agricultural and Medical Common Entrance Test abbreviated as EAMCET is conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU) on behalf of State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE & TSCHE). It is a state level exam for Undergraduate category. Candidates can avail admission in agriculture, engineering and medical courses through this exam. It is conducted once in a year usually in the month of May. Students can seek admission in both private and government colleges across the state. Only those state institutions that are in the participating list can offer admission through EAMCET score. Earlier EAMCET used to be the only exam though after the separation of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana in 2014, two different exams are conducted. The exams are now separately known as Andhra Pradesh EAMCET and Telangana State EAMCET. Let’s look over the further details –
AP EAMCET 2021
Andhra Pradesh Engineering, Agricultural and Medical Common Entrance Test abbreviated as AP EAMCET is a state level entrance examination for undergraduate category. It is conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada (JNTU) on behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE). It is conducted in offline mode only. Through this exam applicants can seek admission in engineering, medical and agriculture courses in institutes across Andhra Pradesh. AP EAMCET will be conducted in the 12th – 20th July 2021.
TS EAMCET 2021
Telangana State Engineering, Agricultural and Medical Common Entrance Test abbreviated as TS EAMCET is a state level entrance examination test for undergraduate category. It is conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad (JNTU) on behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE). It is conducted in offline mode only. Through this exam applicants can seek admission in engineering, medical and agriculture courses in institutes across Telangana. TS EAMCET 2021 will be conducted between 4th – 9th July 2021 (tentative).
COURSES OFFERED THROUGH EAMCET
- Bachelor of Technology-B.Tech. (Agriculture engineering, Bio-technology, Diary technology, Food Science and Technology Pharmacy).
- Bachelor of Medicine and bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS), Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), Bachelor of Homeopathic medicine and Surgery (BHMS), Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences (BNYS).
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc. & A.H.)
- Bachelor of Fisheries Science (B.F.Sc.)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharma)
- Diploma in Pharmacy (D.Pharma)
- Bachelor of Science- B.Sc. (Agriculture, Commercial Agriculture & Business Management and Horticulture)
It is expected that JNTU will release the notification for AP EAMCET and TS EAMCET by the April, 2021. Once the official dates are announced they will be updated here, by then let’s have a look at previous year’s schedule for examination-
|EAMCET 2021 EVENTS||AP EAMCET IMPORTANT DATES (Tentative)||TS EAMCET IMPORTANT DATES (Tentative)|
|Release of notification||April 2021||April 2021|
|Online application form start date||April 2021||April 2021|
|Application form submission last date (Without late fee)||4th week of April 2021||4th week of April 2021|
|Correction Window||14th week of June 2021||14th week of June 2021|
|Availability of Admit card||Week before Exam||Week before Exam|
|AP EAMCET Exam date||12th – 20th July 2021||4th – 9th July 2021|
Before you apply for the exam let’s look over the eligibility criteria–
To be able to sit for the examination a candidate must fulfill the following eligibility criteria–
- Only the citizens of Andhra Pradesh or Telangana are eligible to appear in the exam.
- They should either be Indian Nationals or PIO (Persons of Indian Origin) or OCI (Overseas Citizen of India).
- Also they should have passed 10+2 examination or equivalent with 45% as a minimum percentage (40% for SC/ST category) OR should be appearing.
- Different eligibility criteria are set for different courses.
Once you find yourself eligible for the exam the next step is to apply for it, here’s an outlook how-
- AP and TS EAMCET application form will be made available by April 2021.
- It will only be available on the official website of EAMCET.
- The last date of application form submission is 4th week of April 2021, after that late fee will be charged.
- Application form can only be filled via online mode.
- Do not send your application form through offline mode
- Applicants need to upload their scanned photographs and signature.
- The correction window will open from the 4th week of June 2021.
Payment of application fee can be done through Debit/Credit card, Net banking and AP/TS online center.
|COURSES||AP EAMCET APPLICATION FEE||TS EAMCET APPLICATION FEE|
|Engineering/ Agriculture Stream||Rs. 500+ (Without late fee)||Rs. 800 (gen) & 400(sc/st) (Without late fee)|
|Both Engineering and Agriculture Stream||Rs. 1000+ (Without late fee)||Rs. 1600(gen) & 800(sc/st) (Without late fee)|
|Academic Details (certificates)|
|Recent scanned passport size photograph*|
|Recent scanned signature*|
*It should be in jpg format only
A candidate should go through the exam pattern thoroughly so as to obtain a better understanding of the exam. Here’s the exam pattern for AP/TS EAMCET 2021-
|AP EAMCET 2021 EXAM PATTERN|
|Mode of the Examination||Online CBT Mode|
|Subjects||For B.tech and Science courses- Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. For Agriculture courses- Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology.|
|No. of Questions||For Engineering courses – total 160 Questions (Physics – 40, Chemistry – 40, Mathematics – 80) For Agriculture courses – total 160 Questions (Physics – 40, Chemistry – 40, Botany – 40, Zoology – 40)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Marking Scheme||One mark will be awarded for each correct answer|
|Negative Marking||There will be no negative marking|
|Students are advised to use blue and black ball point pen|
EAMCET syllabus comprises topics from both 11th and 12th standard based on these subjects Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Botany and Zoology. It includes the in-depth knowledge of all the above mentioned subjects. EAMCET syllabus is introduced by AP/TS Board of Intermediate Education. Here is the EAMCET syllabus in detail.
- AP/TS EAMCET Admit card can be downloaded from its official website
- It will be made available a week before exam by the authority
- Details like name of the candidate, date of birth, roll no. , exam center, exam date and time will be mentioned in the admit card.
- Candidates will not be allowed entry in the examination hall without the admit card.
- Report to the office of the controller of exam if your admit card is lost.
- You will be provided with a duplicate admit card.
- Candidates are advised to keep their admit cards safe till the end of the admission procedure.
- AP EAMCET result will be announced in the Last week of June 2021.
- TS EAMCET result will be announced in the 4th week of June, 2021.
- It will be updated on the AP/TS EAMCET official website by the authority.
- Take a printout of your result card for future reference.
- All details regarding counseling will be updated on the official website.
- On the basis of marks secured by the candidate a rank list will be prepared.
- It can be downloaded through the official website of AP/TS EAMCET.
- TS EAMCET candidates will also be allotted Help Line Center.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for counseling according to their rank list.
- Verification of documents and seats allotment will be done
- Seats will be allotted on the basis of the candidate’s rank, preferences and seat availability.