GATE 2020 is a national level exam for post graduation category held once every year. It helps candidates take admissions in various IITs, NITs, GFTIs and other institutions across the country. It is conducted in usually February every year. GATE has a qualifying rate of 15%. As it is a prestigious exam conducted by 7 IITs and IISCs it has many rules and guidelines. One of them is the use of virtual calculator instead of physical calculator.
- Candidates will not be permitted to bring physical calculators
- Virtual calculator will only be made available during the time of examination
- It is an online calculator with all the functions and operations
- Students can access it by the use of mouse
- It is a non-programmable calculator
- Cubic, quadratic and simultaneous equations cannot be solved through it
- There are two boxes at the top of the virtual calculator. The operations conducted are displayed in the topmost box and the results are displayed in the second box.
- All the numeric keys for input and operators are on the right hand side of the calculator.
- All the scientific functions are on the left hand side of the calculator.
- Trigonometric and Hyperbolic functions are grouped together and their inverse is displayed below them.