Haryana DET is one of the many tests that are conducted in Haryana in the line of most prestigious exams. It is also known as Haryana Polytechnic Exam. The exam is held once every year. Here is an insight of everything you need to know about this examination:
ABOUT THE EXAM
Haryana Diploma Entrance Test commonly known as Haryana DET is a state level entrance examination. Haryana State Technical Education Society (HSTES), Panchkula and the Department of Technical Education of Government of Haryana have the responsibility to organize this Diploma Entrance Test every year. It is conducted for Undergraduate category to seek admission in only diploma courses. Through this exam candidates can apply for thirty seven different courses in various fields such as engineering and technology, hotel management and pharmacy in several institutions across the state. Students can avail admission only in the colleges of Haryana, based on the Inter-se-merit of the qualifying exam. To appear for the exam you first need to apply for it, the application form will be made available by the fourth week of April, 2020. The exam will be conducted in both English and Hindi language. There will be no negative marking in the exam. Let’s look over the further details –
Here are some of the guidelines for the exam-
- Haryana DET is conducted to avail admissions only in the institutes of Haryana.
- Candidates can apply for diploma based courses only in the field of engineering and technology, hotel management and pharmacy.
- The exam will be conducted in both English and Hindi language.
- Inter-Se-Merit of the qualifying exam will be taken into consideration for admission.
- There will be no negative marking.
HARYANA DET 2020: IMPORTANT DATES
Haryana DET 2020 application process is expected to start from the fourth week of April, 2020. Once the official dates are announced they will be updated here, by then let’s have a look at previous year’s exam dates of Haryana DET 2020-
|HARYANA DET 2020 EVENTS||IMPORTANT DATES (Tentative)|
|Application process start date||4th week of April, 2020|
|Application form submission last date||2nd week of May, 2020|
|Verification of online application form||3rd Week of May|
|Availability of Admit card||Last Week of May, 2020|
|Haryana DET 2020 Exam Date||Last week of May, 2020|
|Result declaration||1st Week of June, 2020|
|Counseling starts||After the declaration of the result|
Before you apply for the exam let’s look over the eligibility criteria-
HARYANA DET 2020: ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To be able to sit for the examination a candidate must fulfill the following eligibility criteria-
- Candidates need to pass class 10th board exam or the SSC exam with a minimum of 35% of marks.
- Those who are opting for lateral entry, passed certificate of 10+2 with a minimum of 35% marks is must.
- The minimum age limit is 15 years.
- The candidate needs to be a citizen of India and should have the domicile certificate of Haryana.
HARYANA DET 2020: APPLICATION PROCESS
Once you find yourself eligible for the exam the next step is to apply for it, here is an outlook how-
- The application form can be downloaded from the official website of the exam conducting authority.
- Note that the application form can only be filled via online mode.
- The expected start date for online application process is the fourth week of April, 2020.
- The last date for submission of application form is in the 2nd Week of May, 2020.
- The fee payment can be done through E-challan.
The application fee is non-refundable under any circumstances.
|General category||Rs. 500|
|Reserved category of Haryana||Rs. 200|
HARYANA DET 2020: EXAM PATTERN
A candidate should go through the exam pattern thoroughly so as to obtain a better understanding of the exam. Here’s the exam pattern for Haryana DET 2020-
- Haryana DET 2020 will be conducted for diploma programmes.
- There will be a total of 100 multiple choice questions each allotted with four choices.
- One mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
There will be no negative marking.
|CATEGORY||% of SEAT RESERVED|
|All India seats||15%|
|Haryana Open General Category||30%|
|Special backward classes and Economically backward people in general category||10%|
|Ex-servicemen and their wards||1%|
|Dependents of freedom fighters||1%|
HARYANA DET 2020: SYLLABUS
The entire syllabus of Haryana Diploma Entrance Test comprises these subjects- Aptitude and General awareness, English, Science and Mathematics. It is set by the Haryana Board of School Education. There will be a total of 100 multiple choice questions.
HARYANA DET 2020: ADMIT CARD
- The admit card will only be made available through online mode.
- Candidates can download the admit card by the Last Week of May, 2020.
- It will be made available on the official website of the exam conducting authority.
- Details like name of the candidate, date of birth, roll no. , exam center, exam date and time will be mentioned in the admit card.
- Candidates will not be allowed entry in the examination hall without the admit card.
- They are advised to keep their admit card safe till the end of the admission procedure.
HARYANA DET 2020: RESULT
- Haryana DET result will be announced in the 1st Week of June, 2020.
- It will only be made available through online mode.
- No result card will be sent by post to any candidate.
- Candidates can look over their results on the official website of exam conducting authority.
- There will be no rechecking of the result, once announced will be final.
- On the basis of marks secured by the candidate a rank list will be prepared.
- It too can be downloaded through the official website.
- Take a printout of your result card for future references.
HARYANA DET 2020: COUNSELING PROCESS
- All details regarding counseling will be updated on the official website.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for counseling according to the rank list.
- To be a part of the counseling process candidates have to register online.
- A counseling fee of Rs. 500 has to be paid.
- There will be two rounds of Haryana DET counseling.
- Seats will be allotted on the basis of the candidate’s rank, preferences and seat availability.
HARYANA DET 2020: ADMISSION PROCESS
- Selected candidates will have to report to the allotted institute for the admission process.
- They are advised to bring these documents along with them- 10th and 12th class mark sheets and passing certificates, Haryana DET 2020 admit card, Haryana DET 2020 rank card, category certificate, character certificate and residence certificate.
- The provisional allotment letter can be printed from the official website.
- The counseling will be canceled if the candidate does not appear in the allotted institute during the admission process.