Many Indian states conduct their own entrance exam for admission in polytechnic courses. HP PAT is the entrance examination conducted for the state of Himachal Pradesh. Here is an insight at everything you need to know about this examination:
ABOUT THE EXAM
Himachal Pradesh Polytechnic Entrance Test abbreviated as HP PAT is an entrance exam held to avail admission in polytechnic courses in the state of Himachal Pradesh. Himachal Pradesh Technical Education Board (HPTEB) holds the responsibility to conduct this exam every year usually in the month of May. It is a state level examination. Through HPTEB students can get admission in various government and private colleges located in Himachal Pradesh. To be eligible to appear for this exam a candidate needs to be a citizen of Himachal Pradesh. The application process is expected to start in the 1st Week of April, 2020 and the exam will be held in the 17th May, 2020. Let’s look over the further details –
Here are some of the guidelines for the exam-
- Only citizens of Himachal Pradesh are eligible to take this exam.
- The important dates will soon be officially announced by the exam conducting authority.
- Interested candidates are requested to go through the official website from time to time.
- The application process will be conducted online mode.
- Neither late entry of the application form will be accepted nor will any corrections be made once the form is submitted.
- Payment of application fee will be through both online and offline mode.
- The syllabus will comprise topics based on English, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry of 10th standard.
- Answer key will be made available to download after the exam.
- The counseling process will commence after result declaration.
HP PAT 2020: IMPORTANT DATES
Here are the expected important dates for HP PAT 2020-
|HP PAT 2020 EVENTS||IMPORTANT DATES (TENTATIVE)|
|Application process start date||1st Week of April, 2020|
|Last date of application process||1st Week of May, 2020|
|Availability of the Admit Card||2nd Week of May, 2020|
|HP PAT 2020 Exam Date||17th May, 2020|
|Result Declaration||Last week of May, 2020|
Before you apply for the exam let’s look over the eligibility criteria-
HP PAT 2020: ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To be able to sit for the examination a candidate must fulfill the following eligibility criteria-
Citizenship – The candidate must be a citizen of Himachal Pradesh or should have done his/her schooling till 10th class from the state.
Qualification – Should have passed class 10th Board examination or equivalent with a minimum of 35% marks.
Compulsory Subjects – A candidate must have English, Mathematics and Science in class 10th as these are the compulsory subjects to be eligible.
Appearing students – Those students who are appearing in the class 10th examination or equivalent are also eligible.
HP PAT 2020: APPLICATION PROCESS
Once you find yourself eligible for the exam the next step is to apply for it, here is an outlook how-
- The application process will start from the 1st Week of April, 2020.
- Its last date will be in the 1st Week of May, 2020.
- Applicants can fill the application form through both online and offline mode.
- To get the application form through offline mode candidates need to get it from any polytechnic college of Himachal Pradesh.
- They can also get it through post.
- To fill the application form online, applicants need to visit the official website of HP PAT 2020.
Here is the application fee for different categories-
|General category||Rs. 650|
|Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe/Other Backward Classes||Rs. 400|
HP PAT 2020: EXAM PATTERN
A candidate should go through the exam pattern thoroughly so as to obtain a better understanding of the exam. Here’s the exam pattern for HP PAT 2020 –
|Course||For Polytechnic courses|
|Mode of Examination||Pen and paper based i.e. Offline mode|
|Language||Both English and Hindi|
|Subjects||Physics Chemistry Mathematics English|
|Number of questions||150 Questions Physics – 50 Chemistry – 30 Mathematics – 50 English – 20|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Marking Scheme||Four marks will be awarded for every correct answer|
|Negative Marking||There will be negative marking One mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer|
HP PAT 2020: SYLLABUS
HP PAT 2020 syllabus comprises topics from 10th standard based on these subjects – English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. It includes the in-depth knowledge of all the above mentioned subjects. Here is the syllabus in detail –
HP PAT 2020: ADMIT CARD
- The admit card will be made available only through online mode.
- No candidate will receive the admit card by post.
- It will be made available on the official website of the exam conducting authority.
- Candidates can download the admit card by the 2nd Week of May 2020.
- Details like name of the candidate, date of birth, roll no., exam center, exam date and time will be mentioned in the admit card.
- Candidates will not be allowed entry in the examination hall without the admit card.
- They will have to show the admit card to the examiner when asked for.
- They are advised to keep their admit card safe till the end of the admission procedure.
Steps to download the HP PAT 2020 admit card –
STEP 1: Visit the official website
STEP 2: “HP PAT 2020 Admit Card” will appear, click on it
STEP 3: Enter your Registration no. and date of birth and click on submit
STEP 4: HP PAT 2020 Admit Card will appear
STEP 5: Download and print the admit card
HP PAT 2020: RESULT
- Before the result is declared the answer key will be updated.
- Through it candidates can tally their answers.
- Candidates can look over their results on the official website of exam conducting authority.
- HP PAT 2020 result will be declared by the last week of May, 2020 (tentative).
- It will only be made available through online mode.
- No result card will be sent by post to any candidate.
- On the basis of marks secured by the candidate a rank list will be prepared.
- It too can be downloaded from the official website.
- Take a printout of your result card for future references.
HP PAT 2020: COUNSELING
- To participate in the counseling process the candidates need to visit the official website as all details regarding counseling will be updated there.
- The counseling process will start after the announcement of the result.
- It will only be done through online mode.
- Students will have to fill in their preferences about the college they want admission in and in which course.
- Seats will be allotted on the basis of the candidate’s rank, preferences and seat availability.