JCECE is the gateway to seek admission in the elite institutions of Jharkhand. It has now become one of the most prestigious exams of the state. Here is an insight at everything you need to know about this examination:
ABOUT THE EXAM
JCECE, commonly known as Jharkhand Common Entrance Competitive Examination is conducted by the Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board. It is a state level exam for undergraduate category. Through this exam one can seek admission into the first year/ semester of various professional courses in the field of architecture, engineering, horticulture, medical and many others. It is conducted every year usually in the month of June. A total of nineteen engineering colleges along with many government and private colleges consider JCECE score for admission. As it is a state exam therefore only citizens of Jharkhand are eligible to sit in the exam. There are six allotted centers in which the exam will be held. JCECE 2020 is expected to be conducted in the 3rd week of May 2020. Interested candidates will have to fill the application form to apply for the exam. Let’s look over the further details –
Guidelines for the exam –
- The important dates will soon be officially announced by the exam conducting authority.
- Interested candidates are requested to go through the official website from time to time.
- JCECE 2020 is expected to be conducted in the 3rd week of May 2020.
- The applicants can apply for JCECE only through online process.
- Only citizens of Jharkhand are eligible to take this exam.
- Candidates can sit for the examination in six different centers across the country.
- JCECE score will only be valid for one year.
- There will be negative marking
JCECE 2020: IMPORTANT DATES
Here are the expected important dates for JCECE 2020 –
|JCECE 2020 EVENTS||IMPORTANT DATES|
|Application process start date||2nd week of April, 2020|
|Application form submission last date||1st week of May, 2020|
|Application fee submission last date (through debit/credit card and challan form)||2nd week of May, 2020|
|Availability of Admit card||2nd week of May, 2020|
|JCECE Exam Date 2020||3rd week of May, 2020|
|Result announcement||Last week of June, 2020|
|Counseling process start date||In July, 2020|
JCECE 2020: ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- He/she should be a local or permanent resident of Jharkhand.
- Students will have to present the resident certificate during counseling process.
- Different eligibility criterion is set for different courses.
- The age limit set varies for various courses.
JCECE 2020: APPLICATION PROCESS
Once you find yourself eligible for the exam the next step is to apply for it, here is an outlook how-
- Applicants can fill the application form by three modes i.e. online mode, ICR form and OMR form.
- To fill the application form, applicants need to visit the official website of JCECE 2020.
- JCECE 2020 application process is expected to start from the 2nd week of April, 2020.
- Candidates can submit their application form by the 1st week of May, 2020.
- Students will be required to upload scanned images of their passport size photograph, signature and left-hand thumb impression.
JCECE 2020: EXAM CENTERS
|EXAM CENTERs for PCM Group||EXAM CENTERS for PCMB Group|
|Bokaro Dhanbad Dumka Hazaribagh Jamshedpur||Ranchi|
JCECE 2020: EXAM PATTERN
A candidate should go through the exam pattern thoroughly so as to obtain a better understanding of the exam. Here’s the exam pattern for JCECE 2020 –
|JCECE 2020 EXAM PATTERN|
|Course||B.Tech B.E. MBBS BDS BHMS B.V.Sc. and A.H B.Sc|
|Duration||Three hours for PCM & PCB|
|Mode of Examination||Offline mode i.e. Pen and Paper based|
|Language||Both English and Hindi|
|Subjects||PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) PCMB (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology)|
|No. of Questions||PCM – 150 Questions (Physics – 50, Chemistry – 50, Mathematic – 50) PCB – 150 Questions (Physics – 50, Chemistry – 50, Biology – 50) PCMB – 200 Questions (Physics – 50, Chemistry – 50, Biology – 50, Mathematics – 50)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) There will be four choices|
|Marking Scheme||For each correct answer one mark will be awarded|
|Negative Marking||There will be negative marking 0.25 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer|
JCECE 2020: SYLLABUS
JCECE syllabus comprises topics from these subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics. It includes the in-depth knowledge of all the above mentioned subjects. Here is the syllabus in detail –
|Physics||Physical World and Measurement Kinematics Laws of Motion Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body Gravitation Properties of Bulk Matter Kinetic theory Oscillations and waves Current Electricity Magnetism Electromagnetic and Alternating current Electromagnetic waves Optics Thermodynamics|
|Chemistry||Solid state Solutions Electrochemistry Chemical kinetics Structure of Atom Chemical bonding and molecular structure States of matter Equilibrium Thermodynamics Redox reactions Hydrogen Environmental chemistry S, p, d and f block elements Alcohols, phenols and ether Bimolecules Polymers|
|Mathematics||Probability Trigonometry Binomial Theorem Permutations and Combinations Limits and Continuity Mathematical reasoning Statistics Matrices Determinants Inverse trigonometric functions Vectors Integrals Differential equations Mathematical Induction|
|Biology||Diversity in Living World Plant Physiology Human physiology Genetics Cell Sexual reproduction Ecology & Environment Biotechnology and its applications Structural organization in Animals and Plants|
JCECE 2020: ADMIT CARD
- The admit card will be made available tentatively by the 2nd week of May, 2020
- It will be made available on the official website of the exam conducting authority.
- Details like name of the candidate, date of birth, roll no., exam center, exam date and time will be mentioned in the admit card.
- No candidate will receive the admit card by post.
- It can only be downloaded through online mode
- Candidates will not be allowed entry in the examination hall without the admit card.
- They will have to show the admit card to the examiner when asked for.
- They are advised to keep their admit card safe till the end of the admission procedure.
Steps to download the HP PAT 2020 admit card –
STEP 1: Visit the official website
STEP 2: “JCECE 2020 Admit Card” will appear, click on it.
STEP 3: Enter required details and click on submit
STEP 4: The Admit card will appear
STEP 5: Download and print the admit card
JCECE 2020: RESULT
- Before the result is declared the answer key will be updated.
- Through it candidates can tally their answers.
- Students cannot challenge the answer key.
- Candidates can look over their results on the official website of exam conducting authority.
- JCECE 2020 result is expected to be announced in the last week of June, 2020
- It will only be made available through online mode.
- No result card will be sent by post to any candidate.
- On the basis of marks secured by the candidate a rank list will be prepared.
- It too can be downloaded from the official website.
- Take a printout of your result card for future references.
JCECE 2020: COUNSELING PROCEDURE
- Candidates will have to produce original documents during the time of counseling
- It will be conducted in two phases
- A fee of Rs. 300 will have to be paid by general candidates whereas a fee of Rs. 250 will be charged.