JEE Mains is held to take admission in B’Tech/B’Arch in 31 NITs, 20 IIITs and 18 CFTIs across the country. It will conduct two papers- paper 1 (for B.E./B’Tech) and paper 2 (for B’Arch/ B’planning). Candidates can either opt for paper 1 or paper 2 or for both. It is also a qualifying exam to appear in the 2nd phase i.e. JEE Advance. The JEE Main 2021 application process will start from 3rd May 2021 with 12th May 2021 as the last date of submission, as announced by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. Here’s everything you needs to know about the application process-
|3rd May 2021||Start date of filling application form|
|12th May 2021||Last date for submission of application form|
|May 2021||Correction Window|
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR FILLING JEE MAIN 2021 APPLICATION FORM-
|Scanned passport size photograph (Coloured)|
|Scanned signature of the candidate|
|Scanned thumb impression (Left thumb)|
|Other documents (Class 10th mark sheet for tallying marks)|
- The image of all the scanned documents should be in JPG/JPEG format
- Applicants should have a valid contact number and email id
- Dimensions of passport size image- (3.5cm x 4.5cm)
- Dimensions of signature image- (3.5cm x 1.5cm)
- Dimensions of thumb impression- (3.5cm x 1.5cm)
- Size of the passport size photograph- between 10kb – 40kb
- Size of signature image- 10kb – 30kb
- Size of thumb impression image- 1kb – 30kb
- Signature should be done on a white paper
Things to know before filling the application form-
- The application forms will be made available by the 3rd May 2021.
- You can submit the application form only once. More than one entry will lead to rejection.
- Online process is the only mode through which you can fill your application form.
- Applicants must have their AADHAAR card issued by UIDAI to fill the application form.
- Applicants should make sure that their school records and details in their AADHAAR card match. In case of any mismatch they should immediately get it corrected.
- Submit the application form and pay the exam fee before the last date of submission. No further entry will be entertained. (12th May 2021).
- A correction window will open for one week in the month of February for any corrections in application forms.
- There will be no corrections made after the closing of the correction window.
- Go through the information bulletin of JEE Main 2021 from its website.
- Application form filling process starts from 3rd May 2021.
- It will end on 12th May 2021.
- To apply, first you need to register and set a password for your account.
- Your password must have 8-13 characters and should include a capital letter, a small case letter, a special character and a number.
- Make sure you have all the required documents, scanned images, signature, left hand thumb impression and your AADHAAR card (issued by UIDAI) ready with you before you apply.
- Fill the form carefully, enter your AADHAAR card number, name, date of birth, gender and upload all scanned images and submit.
- Pay the exam fee by debit/credit card or by e-challan.
- Download the application slip.
|PAPERS||ONLINE MODE* (Computer based Examination)|
|For Indian Exam centers||General/ OBC||SC/ ST/ PWD|
|Paper 1 (B.Tech/ B.E) OR Paper 2 (B.Arch/ B.Planning)||650||325||325||325|
|Paper 1 (B.Tech/ B.E) AND Paper 2 (B.Arch/ B.Planning)||1300||650||650||650|
|For centers outside India|
|Paper 1 (B.Tech/ B.E) OR Paper 2 (B.Arch/ B.Planning)||3000||1500||1500||1500|
|Paper 1 (B.Tech/ B.E) AND Paper 2 (B.Arch/ B.Planning)||6000||3000||3000||3000|
(* Online mode is for Paper 1 (B.Tech/ B.E) only. However it is also available if a candidate chooses both Paper 1 and Paper 2.)