JEE Main 2020 (Joint Entrance Examination) is a two phase national examination for undergraduate category i.e. JEE Mains and JEE Advance. It is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) that also sets up its eligibility criteria. Normally JEE eligibility criteria revolves around age, no. of subjects, no. of attempts, percentage but this year it has added a new point i.e. availability of AADHAAR Card. It is necessary for candidates to fill their AADHAAR card number to apply for JEE Main 2020. Let’s have a look at the eligibility criteria in detail-
|AGE LIMIT||There is no age limit.|
|EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION||Only those candidates who have passed their class 12th or an equivalent exam in 2015 and those who are appearing in 2019 are eligible to appear in JEE Mains 2020. Board exam results will not be taken into account in considering JEE Mains 2020 All India ranks. However, a minimum of 75% for General category and 65% for SC/ST in class 12th or to be in top 20 percentile is necessary to be eligible for qualifying admission into NITs, IIITs and CFTIs.|
|NUMBER OF SUBJECTS||A minimum of five subjects in his/her 12th examination. Including PCM Subjects for B.Tech/B.E. are – Language, Physics, Mathematics, any one of these (Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Technical vocational subject) and any other subject.|
|NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS||Only three attempts|
|AVAILABILITY OF AADHAAR CARD||The availability of ADHAAR card is necessary for filling application form|
STATE ELIGIBILITY CODE –
State eligibility code is the code of the state from which the candidate has passed 12th class or equivalent exam.
|CODE||STATE/ UNION TERRITORY||CODE||STATE/ UNION TERRITORY|
|01||Andaman & Nicobar Islands (UT)||19||Lakshadweep (UT)|
|02||Andhra Pradesh||20||Madhya Pradesh|
|08||Dadra & Nagar Haveli (UT)||26||Odisha|
|09||Daman & Diu (UT)||27||Pondicherry (UT)|
|15||Jammu & Kashmir||33||Uttar Pradesh|
Once you find yourself eligible for the JEE Main exam the next step is to apply for it, here’s an outlook how-
- Application form filling process starts from 7th February 2019.
- It will end on 7th March 2020.
- To apply, first you need to register and set a password for your account.
- Your password must have 8-13 characters and should include a capital letter, a small case letter, a special character and a number.
- Make sure you have all the required documents, scanned images, signature, left hand thumb impression and your AADHAAR card (issued by UIDAI) ready with you before you apply.
- Fill the form carefully, enter your AADHAAR card number, name, date of birth, gender and upload all scanned images and submit.
- Pay the exam fee by debit/credit card or by e-challan.
- Download the application slip.