Uttar Pradesh Joint Entrance Exam also known as JEECUP. It is an entrance exam held every year by Joint entrance exam board Uttar Pradesh. This exam provides admission for student who are aspiring to get into Diploma courses in engineering, pharmacy and etc. JEECUP scores gets students into private or government colleges in Uttar Pradesh.
Highlight of JEECUP 2020:
|Exam name||Uttar Pradesh Joint Entrance Exam (Polytechnic)|
|Board||Joint Entrance Exam Council Uttar Pradesh|
|Frequency of exam||Once a year|
|Exam level||State level|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
|Mode of application form||Online|
|Exam Time frame||3 hours|
|Mode of counselling||Online|
|Application Fee||Rs 300/-|
|Contact number||0522-2630106, 2630678, 2630667, 2636589|
|Address of the board||Secretary, Joint Entrance Examination Council Uttar Pradesh, 1, Guru Govind Singh Marg, Bansmandi chauraha, Charbagh, Lucknow, UP – 226001|
JEECUP 2020: Exam Dates
Exam dates of JEECUP 2020 are mentioned below:
|Application form||January 1, 2020|
|Last date of application form||March 25, 2020|
|Date of exam||Group A & E- Engineering and technology diploma courses- April 26, 2020 Group B to I & K1 to K8- April 27, 2020|
|Result date||May 21, 2020|
|Counselling Process||June 2, 2020|
JEECUP 2020: Application Form
Following are the details of Application form of JEECUP 2020:
- Application form of JEECUP 2020 was released on their official website on 1st January 2020
- Last date for the application form filling would be 25th March 2020, after which no application form filling will be allowed.
- There will be four groups of tests, a student can maximum apply for three groups of tests to attempt.
- If any mistake occurs in the application form then the candidate can change or edit the form from 26th to 29th April 2020
- Application form requirements would be name, address, email-id, number, scanned photographs, signature and etc.
- Rs 300/- for all categories except the reserved categories.
- Rs 200/- for all reserved categories.
- The payment can be done online through e-payment, credit card, debit card, or net banking.
The payment can be done through offline mode through e- challan, in any branch of State Bank of India.
JEECUP 2020: Eligibility Criteria
JEECUP 2020 eligibility criteria for students who will be allowed to write the exam who will be not.
- Every candidate must have passed a 12th board exam or other equivalent board exams.
- Physics, Math and Chemistry should be the qualifying subjects, that must be opted by the students in their 12th board.
- Domicile certificate must be acquired by every student of Uttar Pradesh
- Every course offered through this exam has different qualifying aggregate
Engineering and technology- 35%
Pharmacy- 50% and for reserved categories – 45%
- Age of the students applying for this joint entrance exam should be 14 years on 1st July 2020, there is no upper age limit.
JEECUP 2020: Exam Pattern
The exam pattern is a form of closure to the entrance exam, the pattern will be given below:
- There are different modes of examination for different courses offered by JEECUP 2020,for Group A, E1& E2 will be offline mode, Group B to K1-K8 will be in the online mode.
- Time frame will be of 3 hours.
- Paper will be in both Hindi and English medium.
- Total number of questions will be 100 in total all objective types of questions.
- Maximum marks will be 400.
- 4 marks will be for each correct answer, -1 mark for each wrong answer
|Mode of Examination||Offline or online depending upon the group of courses candidate chooses.|
|Time frame||3 hours.|
|Medium of Paper||Hindi and English medium.|
|Total number of questions||100 Objective type of questions|
|Mark for each correct answer||4 marks will be for each correct answer|
|Mark for each wrong answer||-1 mark for each wrong answer|
JEECUP 2020: Syllabus
The JEECUP syllabus will completely depend on which course of exam the candidate is opting to write for, all the syllabus will be from 10th– 12th portions learned during their boards.
For engineering subjects a candidate must have had opted for physics, chemistry and math subjects in their 10+2 or 12 boards
For pharmacy, the candidate must have opted for physics, chemistry and biology subjects in their 10+2 or 12 boards.
JEECUP 2020: Admit Card
JEECUP 2020 exam form filling application started from January 1st 2020 which will close by 25th March 2020, after which before the exam the students will be given their admit card, which will allow the students to the examination hall and write the exam successfully.
The admit card will be released on second week of April 2020, which will be available online through their official website jeecup.nic.in . If there are any mistakes, make sure to inform the authority and then the admit card will be sent by post.
JEECUP 2020: Results
JEECUP 2020 exam dates are on 26th and 27th April 2020, after which during the third week of May the results will be announced to the students through the online mode from their official website link.
The rank cards will be displayed along with specified marks in each subjects. Just enter you roll number and you will get the results displayed on your screen. Once the marks are out candidates can see a notification on the said which would tell that if you are qualified or not in the particular entrance exam of which ever courses you would have attempted for. After the marks are out, the student will automatically know if they are fit or not for the counselling process after being notified if they have qualified or not for the exam.
JEECUP 2020: Answer Key
Joint entrance exam UP, gives out the answer key for students to have a fair idea about how they would have performed in the entrance exam. This would provide closure to their answers writing and etc and can get an idea of how much rank and score they would get and if they would qualify or no for the counselling process.
The students can challenge the answer key, if they seem to think that some answer given in the answer key would be wrong. To challenge the authority the candidate must pay 100/- per question of his doubt.
How to download the answer key?
- Go to the official link
- There will be a portal popping on your screen saying “answer key and challenging the answer key” click on that
- Enter the question paper number and the roll number
- Click on enter then your respective answer key for your pattern of question will be displayed.
JEECUP 2020: Counselling
Counselling process is the end process, after all the exams are over and results are declared the counselling start for JEECUP 2020, tentatively starting fro the first week of June 2020 to 2nd week of July 2020.
If the candidate qualifies the entrance exam then he/ she is called for the counselling process, via SMS or email-id. The counselling will happen through the online mode only.
For counselling process you will need a set of documents for verification, and your prefered colleges and course must be mentioned too.
Documents needed for verification:
1. Polytechnic Admit Card & Result 2020
2.10th Class Mark sheet & Passing Certificate
3.12th Class Mark sheet & Passing Certificate
5.Category certificate (if applicable)
7.Passport size photographs
JEECUP 2020: Cut offs
JEECUP 2020 exam will be written on 26th and 27th April 2020 after which during the third week of May results will be announced after the announcement of results the cut offs for each college and courses will be out by the JEECUP 2020 council/ board.
The cut offs will be decided upon number of students attempted, difficulty of paper and previous year cut offs for every course and branches.
Previous year cut offs:
|C||Fashion Designing and Garment Technology||74||72.3||68.5||65.6|
|Textile Design Printing||71||69.3||65.5||62.6|
|D||Modern Office Management and Secretariat Practice||70||68.3||64.5||61.6|
|Library and Information Science||78||76.3||72.5||69.6|
|E||Diploma in Pharmacy||74||72.3||68.5||65.6|
|F||Post Graduate Diploma In Biotechnology Tissue Culture||62||60.3||56.5||53.6|
|PG Diploma in Computer Application PGDCA||68||66.3||62.5||59.6|
|PG Diploma in Marketing and Sales Management||80||78.3||74.5||71.6|
|PG Diploma in Customer Service Management||82||80.3||76.5||73.6|
|PG Diploma in Beauty and Health Cares||79||77.3||73.5||64.6|
|PG Diploma in Tourism and Travel Management||73||71.3||67.5||67.6|
|PG Diploma in Advertising and Public Relation||76||74.3||70.5||67.6|
|G||PG Diploma in Textile Design||76||74.3||68.5||65.6|
|PG Diploma In Fashion Technology||74||72.3||73.5||70.6|
|Diploma in Mass Communication||79||77.3||70.5||67.6|
|PG Diploma in Hardware and Networking||76||74.3||67.5||64.6|
|Diploma in Web Designing||73||71.3||69.5||66.6|
|PG Diploma in Accountancy with Computerized Account and Taxation||75||73.3||69.5||66.6|
|PG Diploma in Retail Management||81||79.3||75.5||72.6|
|H||Diploma in Hotel Management||83||81.3||77.5||74.6|
|I||Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering||84||82.3||78.5||75.6|
|Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Aviation||69||67.3||63.5||60.6|
|J||Post Diploma in Information Technology||64||62.3||58.5||55.6|
|K||Diploma in Engineering (2nd year Lateral Entry)||67||65.3||61.5||58.6|
JEECUP 2020: Preparation tips
Preparation is an essential factor for scoring good marks. Here are some preparation tips mentioned below.
- Practice is important, solving more questions will get you through the difficulty level of this exam very quickly and that you will not face any difficulty is the main examination.
- Time table is another essential factor, which helps you balance time and ensures to keep you in track to give equal time to all subjects.
- To score well, you must follow the given syllabus and stick to it and not bury yourself in unwanted books and avoidable syllabus
- Stay healthy, and eat healthy before the exam.
- Previous year question papers will come in handy and given you an clear image about the main examination.
JEECUP 2020: Rank List
Rank list will be provided with the results, rank list will show the position of each students attempt in this entrance exam of JEECUP 2020. the rank list will declare who will be first called to the counselling process, as the counselling process will address the first ranker and will start from the top.
The rank list will be out on the fourth week of May 2020, the rank will depend on the highest marks scored by candidates and then they will be placed accordingly.
How to download the rank card?
- Go to the official link of the JEECUP 2020
- The results will be provided online only.
- Results portal will be popping up, click on that
- Next enter your credentials like your roll number or application number along with your Date of birth
- Press enter after giving out the credentials
- Next the results page will arrive on the screen
- Download and print the rank card
- Make multiple copies for further use in the counselling process.
JEECUP 2020: Merit List
The merit list of JEECUP 2020, will be based on who qualified this entrance exam, people who would have been successful in qualifying this exam, they will be in the merit list of JEECUP 2020.
These merit list students will be called for counselling and then will be allotted with colleges and courses depending upon their rank in the merit list. Admissions will take place the same after the students have gone through the process of counselling. The score cards and rank cards should be downloaded by the candidates and then move further with counselling and admission processes as the board will not be providing with any hard copy rank cards.