AN OVERVIEW OF NEET 2020
NEET 2020 is India’s most prestigious exam in the field of medical sciences. Owing to many changes last year now only NEET score will be taken into consideration for admission in majority of the states. Here’s an insight at everything you need to know about this examination:
ABOUT THE EXAM
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) also referred as NEET-UG is a national level entrance exam in the field of medical sciences. NEET-UG is conducted every year for undergraduate category mostly in the month of May. Like most of the undergraduate level exams this one is also regulated by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). It is held to take admissions in the Bachelor level programs i.e. (MBBS/BDS) Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery/ Bachelor of Dental Surgery in all government and private medical colleges. It has only one phase. Till last year All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) and other state conducted exams were also held to avail admission in various colleges though it has now been announced that NEET will be the only common medical entrance exam. Aspirants can apply for the exam by filling the application form as it will be made available on 2nd December 2019.
Here are a few guidelines you should be aware of if you are appearing for NEET-
- Keep checking NEET 2020 official website regularly as it will contain all the official announcements of NEET 2020.
- This exam happens only once a year.
- Candidates can get admission in MBBS/BDS courses.
- Only Indian Nationals and Overseas Citizens in India (OCI) are eligible to appear in the exam.
- All India Quota seats, State Government Quota seats and Private or NRI Quota seats are available for admissions.
- According to media, NEET 2020 will also be conducted in Gujarati language along with English and Hindi.
- It is advised for candidates to reach the exam center well in time.
- Entry will not be permitted after the commencement of the exam.
- Candidates must carry their admit card with them along with passport size photograph affixed on it.
- They should carry three passport size photographs.
- Goa 2020-21 admission for MBBS and BDS will be on the basis of NEET 2020.
NEET 2020: IMPORTANT DATES
Though CBSE has not announced the exam dates for NEET 2020 examination here’s a schedule based on previous year events. As soon as the official dates are announced they’ll be updated here.
|NEET 2020 EVENTS||IMPORTANT DATES|
|Application form start date||2nd December 2019|
|Application form submission last date (Without late fee)||6th January 2020|
|Confirmation page receipt (Without late fee)||Second week of January 2020|
|Application form submission last date (With late fee)||Last week of January 2020|
|Confirmation page receipt (With late fee)||First week of February 2020|
|Availability of admit card||27th March 2020|
|Exam date of NEET 2020||3rd May 2020|
|Result declaration||4th June 2020|
|Counseling starts||Second Week of June 2020|
NEET 2020: ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Before you apply for the exam let’s look over the eligibility criteria–
|Nationality||Only Indian National or Overseas citizens of India (OCI) are eligible to appear in the exam.|
|Age Limit||A candidate needs to be a minimum of 17 years of age on 31st December of the year of admission A candidate needs to be not more than 25 years of age (General category), 30 years (Reserved categories) on 31st December of the year of admission.|
|Qualifications||Should have passed class 12th or should be appearing.Or should have passed any equivalent examination from any recognized board.|
|Subjects Required||Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and one more subject with English|
|Percentage Required||In PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) General category- 50% General PH- 45% SC/ST/OBC- 40%|
Once you find yourself eligible for the exam the next step is to apply for it, here’s an outlook how-
To fill NEET 2020 application form you have to go through the following steps-
- Go through the information brochure
- Ready all the scanned images and the documents
- Fill the application form
- Pay the application fees
- Print conformation page
- The application forms will be made available by the first week of December 2019 (tentative).
- Online process is the only mode through which you can fill the application form.
- Make sure to upload all the images and to print the confirmation page.
- (The Assistant Secretary (NEET)
Central Board of Secondary Education,
Shiksha Kendra, 2, Community Centre,
Preet Vihar, Delhi-110 092)
Candidates have to send their confirmation page along with the required documents to the above mentioned address.
STRUCTURE FOR APPLICATION FEE
|CATEGORY||APPLICATION FEE||WITH LATE FEE|
|General||Rs 1500||(1500+1400)= Rs2900|
|SC, ST, PH||Rs 800||(800+1400)= Rs2200|
NEET 2020: EXAM PATTERN
A candidate should go through the exam pattern thoroughly so as to obtain a better understanding of the exam. Here’s the exam pattern for NEET 2020-
|Conducted for courses||MBBS/BDS|
|Total number of questions||A total of 180 questions 45 questions (Physics) 45 questions (Chemistry) 45 questions (Botany) 45 questions (Zoology)|
|Total marks||(180+180+180+180) = 720|
|Type of questions||Multiple choice questions (MCQs)|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology|
|Mode of examination||Offline mode only|
|Language||Conducted in English and Hindi language It will also be conducted in Gujarati language this year according to media announcements|
|Marking scheme||For each correct answer 4 marks will be awarded|
|Negative marking||For each wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted|
NEET 2020: SYLLABUS
NEET syllabus comprises topics from both 11th and 12th standard based on the three subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Every year CBSE announce the official syllabus for the exam though the syllabus in some way or the other remains the same. For those who are preparing for NEET 2020 here’s the previous year syllabus to get an outlook.
NEET 2020: ADMIT CARD
- NEET 2020 Admit card will be made available on its official website by 27th March 2020.
- It will only be available through online mode.
- To download the admit card you first need to login by entering your registration number and date of birth.
- The admit card will include these details- Name, Roll no. , Exam date and Exam centre.
- Candidates must bring the admit card with them in the examination hall.
- It is advised for candidates to keep the admit card safe till the admission in MBBS/BDS programs.
NEET 2020: RESULT DECLARATION
- NEET 2020 result will be declared by the 4th June 2020 on its official website.
- It is declared by CBSE.
- Result will be made available only through online mode.
- Print the result card for the admission procedure.
- Based on the result a merit list will be prepared.
NEET 2020: COUNSELING
- NEET 2020 counseling will start in second week of June 2020.
- Counseling for 15% All India Quota will be organized by the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) through online mode.
- Candidates will secure admissions according to the rank they secured in the entrance examination.
- State quota, central universities/ institutions and other many other institutions counseling will be held by their respective counseling authorities.
- Candidates will be allotted seats according to their selections and seat availability.