NEET is India’s most prestigious exam in the field of medical sciences. It is a national level entrance exam for undergraduate category. The eligibility criteria are prescribed by Merit Council of India (MCI) and Dental Council of India (DCI). Here’s a detailed list of NEET 2020 eligibility criteria-
- Only Indian National or Overseas citizens of India (OCI) are eligible to appear in the exam.
- The minimum age limit to appear in the exam is 17 years (on 31st December of the year of admission)
- The maximum age limit is 25 years (for general category) and 30 years (for reserved categories) on 31st December of the year of admission.
- A candidate should have passed or should be appearing 12th class board examination (or any equivalent exam from any recognized board).
- They should have Physics, Chemistry and Biology as compulsory subjects in class 12th with any other subject and English.
- To be eligible to apply for the exam a candidate must have a minimum of 50% (for general category), 45% (for general PH candidates) and 40% (for SC, ST and OBC) in PCB group.
- Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir students are not eligible for 15% All India Quota seats.
- Students from these regions will have to submit a self declaration form.
|Category||% of seat reserved|
|Schedule Caste (SC)||15%|
|Schedule Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|OBC Non Creamy Layer||27%|
|Physically Handicapped (PH)||3% on horizontal basis|
Once you find yourself eligible for the exam the next step is to apply for it, here’s an outlook how-
To fill NEET 2020 application form you have to go through the following steps-
- Go through the information brochure
- Ready all the scanned images and the documents
- Fill the application form
- Pay the application fees
- Print conformation page
- The application forms will be made available on 2nd December 2019.
- Online process is the only mode through which you can fill the application form.
- Make sure to upload all the images and to print the confirmation page.
- (The Assistant Secretary (NEET)
Central Board of Secondary Education,
Shiksha Kendra, 2, Community Centre,
Preet Vihar, Delhi-110 092)
Candidates have to send their confirmation page along with the required documents to the above mentioned address.