NEET-UG is a national level entrance exam in the field of medical sciences. NEET-UG is conducted every year for undergraduate category mostly in the month of May. It is regulated by CBSE that also sets its exam pattern. A candidate should go through the exam pattern thoroughly so as to obtain better understanding of the exam. For those candidates who are preparing for NEET 2020, here’s the exam pattern-
NEET 2020 EXAM PATTERN
- NEET is conducted to avail admissions in MBBS/BDS courses.
- There are a total of 180 questions.
- The exam is divided into 4 categories i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology.
- Each category consists of 45 questions.
- 720 are the total marks for the exam.
- All questions will be Multiple Choice Type i.e. MCQs.
- Each question will have a choice of four options.
- Candidates have to choose any one.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours.
- It will be conducted in offline mode only.
- It is conducted in English and Hindi language though according to media announcements it will also be conducted in Gujarati language this year.
- The marking scheme is such that for each correct answer 4 marks will be awarded.
- There will be negative marking. For each wrong answer wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
|Conducted for courses||MBBS/BDS|
|Total number of questions||A total of 180 questions 45 questions (Physics) 45 questions (Chemistry) 45 questions (Botany) 45 questions (Zoology)|
|Total marks||(180+180+180+180) = 720|
|Type of questions||Multiple choice questions (MCQs)|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology|
|Mode of examination||Offline mode only|
|Language||Conducted in English and Hindi language It will also be conducted in Gujarati language this year according to media announcements|
|Marking scheme||For each correct answer 4 marks will be awarded|
|Negative marking||For every wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted|
|NEET 2020 EVENTS||IMPORTANT DATES|
|Application form start date||2nd December 2019|
|Application form submission last date (Without late fee)||6th January 2020|
|Confirmation page receipt (Without late fee)||Second week of January 2020|
|Application form submission last date (With late fee)||Last week of January 2020|
|Confirmation page receipt (With late fee)||First week of February 2020|
|Availability of admit card||27th March 2020|
|Exam date of NEET 2020||3rd May 2020|
|Result declaration||4th June 2020|
|Counseling starts||Second Week of June 2020|
NEET 2020: SYLLABUS
NEET syllabus comprises topics from both 11th and 12th standard based on the three subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Every year CBSE announce the official syllabus for the exam though the syllabus in some way or the other remains the same. For those who are preparing for NEET 2020 here’s the previous year syllabus to get an outlook.