Punjab Technical University abbreviated as PTU, located in Jalandhar, is one of the most reputed and prestigious universities in India. It is an educational and research university which was established by an act of State Government in 1997. Every year it conducts PTU CET. Here is an insight at everything you need to know about this examination:
ABOUT THE EXAM
PTU CET stands for Punjab Technical University Combined Entrance Examination. Every year a large number of candidates apply for it and the deserving candidates are allotted seats. It is a state level exam conducted for undergraduate category. Many courses in the field of engineering, medical, architecture and management are offered by PTU and its affiliated colleges but it does not provide for entrance examination through which one can avail admission in these courses. It only organizes centralized counseling for admission in its affiliated colleges and also for itself. Admission of candidates in B.Tech and B.Arch courses of affiliated colleges and universities will be based on JEE MAIN 2021 and NATA 2021. Qualified candidates will also be eligible for admission in various well known universities such as Guru Nanak Dev University, Ludhiana University, Punjabi University Amritsar, Punjab Agricultural University and Patiala University. Interested candidates will have to fill the application form to apply for the exam. Let’s look over the further details –
Here are some guidelines for the exam –
- The important dates will soon be officially announced by the exam conducting authority.
- Interested candidates are requested to go through the official website from time to time.
- The application process will only be conducted via offline mode.
- The counseling process will commence after result declaration.
- As it is a state level examination 85% of seats are reserved for the citizens of Punjab whereas 15% of seats are reserved for residents outside of Punjab.
PTU CET: IMPORTANT DATES
The Important dates for PTU CET 2021 are:
|PTU CET 2020 EVENTS||IMPORTANT DATES (Tentative)|
|Application process start date||4th Week of April, 2021|
|Application form download last date||May, 2021|
|Last date to apply||Last Week of June, 2021|
|Availability of Admit card||June 2021|
|PTU CET 2020 Exam Date||1st Week of July, 2021|
|Result Declaration||3rd Week of July, 2021|
|Counseling process start date||July, 2021|
PTU CET 2021: ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Before you apply for the exam let’s look over the eligibility criteria –
- For different courses there are different eligibility criteria.
- Candidate should have passed 10+2 examination. It is the minimum requirement for appearing in PTU CET 2021.
- High School mark sheet and Passing certificate has to be shown at the time of admission.
- Intermediate mark sheet and passing certificate is required to be shown at the time of admission.
PTU CET 2021: APPLICATION PROCESS
Once you find yourself eligible for the exam the next step is to apply for it, here is an outlook how-
- Applicants have to fill the form in offline mode only.
- Application form can be downloaded from the official website.
- It will be available for download from April 2021 to May 2021 (tentative).
- Application form has to be filled in one’s own handwriting.
- It should be in the prescribed format and is to be sent through Speed Post/ Registered post or by hand before the last date and time.
PTU CET 2021: EXAM PATTERN
A candidate should go through the exam pattern thoroughly so as to obtain a better understanding of the exam. Here’s the exam pattern for PTU CET 2021 –
|PTU CET 2021|
|Mode of examination||Online Mode.|
|5 separate sessions will be held|
|Session 1 Session 2 Session 3||Types of questions||Objective type questions in core subjects. Descriptive type questions including short answer questions and numericals.|
|Session 4||Objective||To check proficiency in local language i.e. Punjabi.|
|Session 5 (only for B .Arch)||Objective||To check aptitude in Architecture.|
PTU CET: SYLLABUS
- Preparation is to be done according to 12th standard syllabus.
- Subjects to be prepared as per requirements of the course programs –
PTU CET 2021: ADMIT CARD
- Admit card will be made available by June 2021 (tentative).
- Details like name of the candidate, date of birth, roll no., exam center, exam date and time will be mentioned in the admit card.
- They will have to show the admit card to the examiner when asked for.
- They are advised to keep their admit card safe till the end of the admission procedure.
|Candidates who are Punjabi residents||85%|
|Candidates outside of Punjabi States||15%|
|NOTE – Candidates belonging to any other reserved category can make a claim for reservation.|
PTU CET 2021: RESULT
- PTU CET 2021 results are expected to be announced by 3rd Week of July 2021 (tentative).
- Candidate will receive an SMS on the registered mobile number only if they are provided with a seat in their preferred course.
- After receiving the SMS, the candidate has to login in his/her account in the official website.
- Seat allotment can be checked from there.
- Candidate is required to take a print out of the provisional allotment letter of the allotted branch/college.
PTU CET 2021: COUNSELLING PROCEDURE
- Punjab Technical University organizes centralized counseling for admission in its affiliated colleges and also for itself. The counseling process is expected to start from July 2021 (tentative).
- Candidates will have to fill the admission form as well as pay the counseling fee i.e. Rs.2000/- .
- The counseling fee is NON REFUNDABLE.
- The information brochure, process and schedule of counseling can be downloaded by the candidate form the official website.
- The candidate is eligible to change his/her college during centralized counseling.
- In this case the allotted college will refund the fee after deducting Rs.1000.
- If the candidate misses the first schedule of counseling, he/she is eligible to attend the second schedule.
- Vacant seats will be filled on the basis of management quota.
- After result declaration candidates will be provided with a time frame within which he/she has to report to the allotted college.
- Admission in B .Tech will be on the basis of JEE Main 2021 score.
- Vacant seats will be filled by admission of candidate on the basis of inter-se merit of qualifying examination.
- Admission in B .Arch course will be on the basis of NATA 2021 and marks obtain by candidates in qualifying examination in the ration of 50:50.
- Admission in B .Pharmacy/ D .Pharma/ MCA courses will be on the basis of inter-se merit of qualifying examination.
NOTE: At the time of admission the candidate is required to provide the following documents –
- High school Mark sheet and Passing Certificate
- Intermediate Mark sheet and Passing Certificate
- Diploma Certificate
- Rank card or National level entrance exam (if any)
- Category certificate
- Character certificate
- Domicile certificate