PTU CET stands for Punjab Technical University Combined Entrance Examination. Every year a large number of candidates apply for it and the deserving candidates are allotted seats. It is a state level exam conducted for undergraduate category. Many courses in the field of engineering, medical, architecture and management are offered by PTU and its affiliated colleges but it does not provide for entrance examination through which one can avail admission in these courses. It only organizes centralized counseling for admission in its affiliated colleges and also for itself. Admission of candidates in B.Tech and B.Arch courses of affiliated colleges and universities will be based on JEE MAIN 2019 and NATA 2019. PTU CET 2020 will be held in MAY 2020 (tentative). Interested candidates can prepare for the exam by going through the exam pattern.
- Examination will consist of 5 sessions.
- One can give this exam only through online mode.
- The examination will be made available in English only
- In the first three sessions there will be objective type questions in core subjects and descriptive type questions including short answer questions and numericals.
- The fourth session will be to check the proficiency in local language i.e. Punjabi.
- The fifth session is only for B .Arch students to check their Architectural aptitude.