SRM Institute of Science and Technology also known as SRMJEEE holds an entrance exam for their institution known as SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Exam, for students who aspire to get into UG and PG courses in the field of engineering. It is a university level exam conducted every year for students who completed their 10+2 or other equivalent board exams who want to get into B. Tech courses.
Some features of SRMJEEE 2020 features mentioned below:
|Exam name||SRM Joint Entrance Exam [SRMJEE]|
|Conduction of exam||Once a year|
|Exam level||University level|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Application form||Online / Offline|
|Application fees||Rs 1100|
|Exam duration||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Help desk||+91-44- 27417000, +91-44- 27417499|
SRM Nagar, Kattankulathur – 603 203|
Chengalpattu District, Tamil Nadu.
The Courses offered by SRM Institute of Science and Technology are
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Computer science Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Bio Technology
- Geographic Information System
- Environmental Engineering
- Food Processing
- Materials Science
SRMJEEE 2020: EXAM DATES
SRMJEEE is an entrance exam, held every year by SRM Institute of Science and Technology for aspirants who are interested in getting into UG courses like B. Tech and PG courses like M. Tech. It is spread all across India, in cities like Ramapuram, Kattankulathur, Vadapalani and NCR.
After the outbreak of the pandemic Corona virus, SRM institute of science and technology has postponed their dates regarding the SRMJEEE.
The exam dates for SRMJEE 2020 are mentioned below:
|Application form starting date||12th October 2019|
|Application form last date for online submissions||30th March 2020|
|Application form last date for offline submission||29th February 2020|
|Exam date||Will be announced soon|
|Result date||First week of May 2020|
|Counselling date for offline mode||Second week of May 2020|
|Counselling date for online mode||Third week of May 2020|
|Application correction date||Second week of April 2020|
|Hall tickets||Second week of April 2020|
|Slot booking starts||Second week of April 2020|
|Academic sessions date||Third week of July 2020|
SRMJEEE 2020: Application Form
SRMJEEE 2020 has released their application forms for students to fill who want to apply for SRMJEE and get into SRM Institute and science and technology for B. Tech and M. Tech courses.
- Application forms are available to be filled both offline and online mode.
- The application form was released on 12th October 2019, for both online and offline modes of form filling.
- The last date for form filling for offline mode was 29th February 2020, online mode form filling ends on 30th March 2020.
- The application form requires information about the student’s email-id, phone number, name, qualification, address, passport size photograph, signature and etc.
- If the application form requires any correction then it has to be done before 2nd week of April 2020.
- The application form printout multiple copies must be kept safely with the student for further use.
- The application fees for online mode of filling application forms per student is Rs 1100/-
- The application fees for offline mode of filling application forms per student is Rs 1160/-
- It can be paid through net banking, credit or debit cards, e-payments and etc.
- Offline mode payment can be done through DD in the name of SRMIST, in Chennai.
SRMJEEE 2020: Eligibility Criteria
For every entrance exam there are certain credentials a candidate must meet to be eligible to write the entrance exam and get admission in it. SRM Institute of Science and Technology also has some general eligibility and qualification eligibility.
General eligibility criteria’s:
- Indian nationality, PIO/OCI and NRI candidates are eligible.
- PIO/OCI and NRI students can apply under the category of international students.
- 17 years of age must be completed by 31/12/2020.
- Candidates who are in their final years are eligible to apply.
- B. Tech course:
Candidates should have passed in their 12th Board or other equivalent boards.
Total aggregate must be 60% in Physic, Chemistry and Math in all campuses except in the Delhi NCR campus which needs aggregate of 50% only.
Candidates must have opted for Physics, Chemistry and Math subjects compulsorily.
- B. Tech, Biotechnology, genetic engineering:
Candidate must have passed in 10+2 boards or other equivalent recognized boards.
Physics, math, chemistry, biology, biotechnology must be the candidate’s compulsory subjects.
International Baccalaureate (IB) with Diploma, or A-level with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / Biology / Botany & Zoology/ Biotechnology as major subjects must be there.
Students who have not studied math in their 11 and 12 boards, they are only eligible to apply for courses in genetic, biotechnology and etc.
Students who have topped their respective board exams from any state, the top 10,000 rankers in IIT-JEE exam from Tamil Nadu, sport students from national and international level get direct admission in any course they like in SRM Institute of Science and Technology.
SRMJEEE 2020: Exam Pattern
The SRMJEEE 2020 pattern is released by the SRM University and it is as follows:
- This will be an online mode of exam
- Time frame of this exam is 2 Hours 30 Minutes
- All the questions and instructions will be given in English.
- A student will be asked to mark a right answers for a question, it follows the multiple choice pattern, MCQ.
- This years subject pattern has been upgraded to Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English and aptitude. The student must choose between math or biology.
- Marking schemes, will be 1 mark each for right answer and no reduction of marks for a wrong answer, no negative marking.
- The question paper for B. Tech will be totally of 315 marks.
- The question paper for M. Tech will be totally of 300 marks.
Table below shows the number of questions asked per subject, there has been a upgrade in the number of questions in some sections:
|Subject||Number of questions||Marks allotted per question|
|Math / Biology||40||1|
SRMJEEE 2020: Admit Card
Admit cards for SRMJEEE 2020 will be issued during the second week of April 2020.
- Admit card will be issued to students who would have submitted the application forms, the authority will issue it before a day or two the main exam.
- It can be downloaded from their official website, by entering the log in credentials of the student.
- Take multiple copies of the admit card, for further process in counselling and etc. It will come in handy.
- The admit card will consist of Candidate’s, Name Roll Number, Exam Date & Timing ,Address of Exam Centre Candidate’s ,Photograph Address of Candidates ,Exam Related Instructions
The slot booking for SRMJEEE 2020 will be done in second or fourth week of April, in which all students will book the timings, date and exam center. After which the admit card will be out, given with all the details of slot booking and application form details.
How to down load the admit card?
- Go to their official website link
- Go to SRMJEEE 2020 log in link
- Fill the details asked, email id, password.
- After slot booking, click on the download admit card option.
- Download and take printout of the same
- Take extra copies for further use in counselling process and etc.
SRMJEEE 2020: Exam Syllabus
The syllabus of SRMJEE 2020 is mentioned below for all the subjects:
Electronics and Communication, Dual Nature of Matter and Nuclear Physics, Atomic Physics and Relativity Electricity and Magnetism, Ray and Wave Optics and Magnetism Heat and Thermodynamics ,Oscillations and Wave Motion Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Mechanics,Units and Measurement
Chemistry in Everyday Life, Bio molecules,Polymers,Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen,Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen ,Hydrocarbons, Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry, Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds,Surface Chemistry, Chemical Kinetics and Catalysis,Electro-chemistry etc
Trigonometry,Probability,Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion,Vector Algebra, Conic Sections in Two Dimensions,Straight Lines in Two Dimensions,Circles in Two Dimensions,Differential Equations,Integral Calculus,Applications of Differential Calculus.
Taxonomy of Angiosperm,Plant Anatomy,Cell Biology and Genetics,Biotechnology,Plant Physiology,Biology in Human Welfare,Human Physiology,Microbiology,Immunology,Modern Genetics and Animal Biotechnology
SRMJEE 2020: Result
SRMJEEE 2020 results will be announced in the fourth week of April 2020, the students will be writing the SRMJEEE 2020 exam in the first week of April 2020. SRMJEE is an university entrance exam, which is conducted every year for the students who completed there degree and want to get into PG Course, M. Tech and students who have been done with their 10+2 or other equivalent recognized board exams.
SRMJEEE 2020 results, will be announced through online mode only. There will be a rank card displayed on there website along with individual scores of every exam will be mentioned.
The result announcement will be done through SMS, and email-id’s, hard copies of the marks sheet wont be sent to students.
How to check the rank card and score?
- Go to the official website of SRMJEEE 2020
- Go to the results section
- Log in using your application number and password
- The score card per your application number will be displayed
- Download and take printouts of the result card
- The downloaded printed reported card must be used later on for the counselling process.
SRMJEEE 2020: Cut Off
SRMJEEE 2020 will have cut offs for every course and branch they offer, every year they have cut offs depending upon which the students will get allotted, they offer approximately 7000 seats on a whole. Cut offs depends on total number of students attempting, how many students choose which course, number of seats, difficulty of the exam and etc. Only after the cut offs are out students can get admitted depending upon their ranks and marks.
Expected ranks depending upon marks:
|Above 250||Below 2000|
|230 – 250||2000 – 5000|
|200 – 229||5001 – 9000|
|170 – 199||9001 – 13000|
|150 – 169||13001 – 15000|
|130 – 149||15001 – 17000|
|Less than 130||Above 17000|
SRMJEEE 2020: Counselling
Once the results are out of SRMJEEE 2020, the next process is counselling. There will be two ways of counselling, offline and online mode. Both the counselling sessions will be for students who would want to join SRM Institute of Science and Technology. After the results are out depending upon the cut off if the students are getting there preferred courses and branches they can opt for the counselling sessions.
There will be two rounds of counselling for 7000 seats on a whole. Depending upon the ranks, the counselling will happen that way, the counselling will take place from the first rank and then continue for two rounds.
You need to carry various documents for verification and getting the admission.
1)SRMJEEE 2020 Rank Card
2)SRMJEEE 2020 Admit Card
3)Counseling Call Letter
4) Marks sheet of class X
5) Marks sheet of class XII
6) Category certificate
7) Demand draft for fee payment
Allotment of seats will be confirmed after the student accepts there seat and pays Rs 1,00,000/- if the students doesn’t want the seats during the counselling then that seats go to the next candidate.
SRMJEEE 2020: Preparation Tips
For every important exam, preparation is important for scoring good marks. Here are some important preparation tips for SRMJEEE 2020.
- Practice is important, solving more questions will get you get used to solving online mode main examination.
- Schedule what you will study when, give equal time to all subjects.
- Follow the syllabus given and do not deviate form it to score well.
- Stay healthy, do not fall sick before exam.
- Previous year question papers, will help in getting an idea about how the main exam will be.