CAT is conducted by various IIMs on rotation basis that also sets its eligibility criteria. Aspirants must go through the official eligibility criteria so as to know whether or not are they eligible to apply for the exam.
CAT Eligibility Criteria-
|A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum of 50% or equal CGPA from any recognized University or Institution. (For SC/ ST and PWD the minimum percentage is 45%)|
|Final year students pursuing a Bachelor degree or equivalent|
|These students will have to provide a certificate from the Principal or the Registrar of the University/Institution stating that the student has completed all requirements to avail a Bachelor’s degree.|
|Marks of the candidate will calculated as per the respective University process|
Here is the seat reservation as per the norms of the Government of India-
|CATEGORY||% of seat reservation|
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||27%|
|People with Disabilities (Differentially Abled)||3%|
- The minimum percentage to apply will remain 50% for OBCs.
- Final year students will have to provide a certificate from the Principal or the Registrar of the University/Institution stating that the student has completed all requirements to avail a Bachelor’s degree.
- There will be no change of category once the CAT 2021 registration is done.
- SC/ST candidates will have to provide their caste certificate approved by the Government of India format.
- It should state- Name of your caste or tribe, whether you belong to SC or ST, the district you belong to along with the State/ UT and the Government of India appropriate schedule.
- SC/ST/OBC and PWD candidates are required to upload their certificate during their registration in the application form.
CAT: APPLICATION PROCESS
- The application process will be starting from 1st week of August 2021.
- The last date for the submission of application form was extended till 3rd week of September 2021.
- The entire application process can only be completed through online mode.
- Payment of the fee can be done through Credit/ Debit cards and net banking.
- Once the payment is done a confirmation page will appear, get a print-out of that.
- In case of any discrepancy applicants can seek help from the Candidates Help Desk through this email (email@example.com) or this helpline number (1800 266 3549)
APPLICATION FEE STRUCTURE-
|General/ NC-OBC||Rs. 1900|
|SC/ ST and PWD||Rs. 950|
|Applicable additional charges will also be included in the final amount|