Union Public Service Commission Enforcement Officer/ Accounts Official also known as UPSC EPFO. It is a recruitment test for candidates interested in joining for the enforcement officer/ accountant officers/ employee posts under the government. For UPSC EPFO there are total of 421 vacancies, these posts are open for graduates all over India in the government sector. Exam to be conducted will be pen paper based, offline. This exam is for all Indians and they can write there exam from anywhere across India in various cities.
There are two stages in this exam 1) written test 2) interview
The written test will have only multiple choice questions after which candidates will be filtered out for the interview.
The weight-age of the written test is 75% and the other 25% is allotted for the interview.
1)The time frame of UPSC EPFO is of 2 hours.
2)All question are weighted equally
3)The paper will be provided in both Hindi and English languages
4)All the questions will be multiple choice questions
5)There is negative marking,1/3rd mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
6) There will be no marks cut for questions that go unanswered.
The qualifying marks are
- General category- 50 marks
- OBC – 45 marks
- SC/ST/PH -40 marks
These are the standardize marks which will be followed under all circumstances.
UPSC EPFO: Previous year question papers
Preparation is the key to success, but good preparation and preparing for UPSC EPFO in a smart way will be even more effective, and that can be done by practicing previous year question paper. Previous year papers provide a base to aspiring candidates in great lengths.Sometimes the questions are repetitive or similar kind of questions come, this is the time when practicing previous year papers come in handy.
Below mentioned are some tips:
- Previous papers give in depth knowledge about various subjects and topics.
- You can find questions which are unexpected and prepare for them.
- Referring to previous year papers helps candidates to explore many kinds of questions which wont be available on text books and reference books.
- Topics can be divided and categorized easily referring to the papers.
- Direct questions and similar questions from previous papers are asked frequently.
- The level of the paper can be analyzed before hand, if it could be difficult or easy.
- Types of questions and importance of topics, repetitive topics under which many questions would be asked can be analyzed easily.
Check out the syllabus of this exam.