Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (UPSEE) is conducted every year by Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU), earlier known as Uttar Pradesh Technical University (UPTU) situated in Lucknow. It is an entrance examination held to seek admissions in various courses for both Under Graduate and Post Graduate category. The eligibility criterion is set for every course that is available. Let’s have a detailed look at it –
|COURSES||SUBJECTS IN QUALIFYING EXAM|
|Compulsory Subject||Any one of the following|
|B.Tech.||Physics, Mathematics||Bio-technology, Biology, Chemistry, Technical vocational subject|
|B.Tech. (Bio-technology)||Physics, Mathematics or Biology||Chemistry, Bio-technology, Technical vocational subject|
|B.Pharma.||Physics, Chemistry||Mathematics, Biology, Bio-technology, Technical vocational subject|
|B.Arch||Mathematics, Physics||Chemistry, Computer Science, Biology, Engineering Drawing, Technical vocational subject|
|B.Tech (Agriculture Engineering)||Agriculture discipline|
|BHMCT/ BFAD/ BFA||Any discipline|
|MBA||A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with minimum of 50% (45% for reserved categories)|
|MCA||A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with minimum of 50% (45% for reserved categories) and Mathematics as a compulsory subject in class 12th or Graduation.|
|MAM||Have passed class 12th examination or equivalent from any recognized board with minimum of 45% (40% for reserved categories).|
|CATEGORY||% of Seat Reservation|
|Schedule Caste from UP||21%|
|Schedule Tribe from UP||2%|
|Other Backward Classes from UP||27%|
|Dependents of Freedom Fighters from UP||2%|
|Handicapped/ disabled of UP||3%|
|Girls of UP||20%|
|Sons/daughters of defense personnel of UP either retired or killed/ disabled in action or defense personnel posted in UP/ defense personnel domicile of UP and posted outside UP||5%|
- A candidate should have passed class 12th examination or equivalent examination from a recognized board to seek admission in undergraduate courses with a minimum of 45% for general category and 40% for reserved categories.
- Those candidates who will be appearing in their class 12th examination on 2020 are also eligible to apply.
- A Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized authority with minimum 50% for general and 45% for reserved categories is necessary to be eligible for postgraduate courses.
- Final year students are also eligible to apply.
- Authority has not specified any age limit to be eligible.
- All India citizens, NRI candidates and Kashmiri migrants are eligible to apply.
Once you find yourself eligible for the exam the next step is to apply for it, here’s an outlook how-
UPSEE 2020: APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- UPSEE 2020 registration process will start from the 27th January, 2020 and will end by the 15th March, 2020.
- Candidates can apply through online mode.
- They need to upload their scanned photograph, signature and thumb impression.
- Uploading blurred images will lead to the rejection of the application form so make sure the images are clear.
- Payment of application fee can be made through Credit/Debit cards and Net banking.
- Download and print the confirmation page for future reference.
- There is no need for applicants to send the confirmation page.