WBJEE 2020 is written by lakh of students in and out of West Bengal, whoever is aspiring to get a college inside West Bengal, it is a state level examination. This examination provides colleges of under graduate courses. It covers fields of engineering and technology, pharmacy and architecture. The WBJEE 2020 was started in the year 1962 and is continued till date, and is held every year.
After the offline mode of exam, the results are announced online, the final step is the counselling process which happens online, where students are asked are allotted colleges and courses according to their preferences and ranks.
The counselling will consist of many rounds starting from registration, choice filling, seat allotment, reporting to allotted colleges. There will be three rounds to be specific, for the counselling. This way students can wait for their preferred college and course in three rounds and they can either get rejected or selected.
The counselling and seats will be decided upon the cut off, which will be set by the board depending upon the students performances and the level of difficulty of the paper.
Here is a rough schedule of WBJEE 2020 counselling:
- Result declaration- March 2020
- Online registration and registration fee for counselling- April 2020
- Online choice filling- April 2020
- Online locking of colleges and course by the candidate- April 2020
- Online locking of colleges and courses by the board- April 2020- May2020
- Seat allotment 1st round- May 2020
- 2nd round seat allotment and physical documents verification- May 2020- June 2020
- 3rd round seat allotment and physical document verification- June 2020
- Admission- June 2020
- Closing of admission process- June 2020.
Required documents for counselling:
- Passport size photograph
- High school marks card
- 10+2 or equivalent report card
- WBJEE 2020 score card and admit card
- Fee receipt of registration for online counselling.
- Category certificate
- Allotment letter.
Important points for online counselling:
- There is a separate fees for online counselling registration fee that is 500/- that can be paid online through debit and credit cards or by e-challan of Allahabad Bank.
- You can select colleges that will be displayed on your screen depending upon your rank, make sure to select as many colleges as possible as there will be only one round of selecting colleges and seats.
- Remember to lock your choices after selecting your preferred colleges and courses or else the last saved colleges will be the final colleges, you may miss out on colleges. Take a print out after the final list of selection.
- Seats will be allotted depending upon seat availability in that particular college and course. Students must check their seats online, from the official WBJEE website.
- Students who get their preferred colleges Through WBJEE, and will be taking up those allotted colleges, will have to report to the reporting centers, with valid documents which will be verified and then the admission process will be continued then they can go to their allotted colleges.
WBJEE 2020: ANSWER KEY:
WBJEE 2020 is a state level entrance exam for engineering, pharmacy and architecture colleges all over West Bengal. It is written by students who aspire to get into the above-mentioned field of colleges. It is an offline based MCQ question paper attempted by lakh of people in a year, it was written on 2nd February and the answer key of the questions is released by the WBJEE board on 17th February 2020.