If you want to pursue a career in Business/Management then XAT 2021 is definitely an exam you should be looking forward to apply. Over the years XAT have set remarkable standards for aspirants all over India. Here’s an insight of everything you need to know about this examination:
ABOUT THE EXAM
Xavier Aptitude Test commonly known as XAT is a national level entrance examination for post graduate category conducted by Xavier School of Management (XLRI) on behalf of XAMI. It is conducted every year for the past six decades. Around 90,000 candidates appear for it each year. Aspirants can seek admission in management courses through this exam. There are more than a 100 B-Schools across India which avail admission on the basis of XAT score. This year the examination will be held in 47 different cities across India along with two International cities i.e. Dubai and Kathmandu. It is conducted in Computer mode only. The registrations for XAT 2021 started on 12th September 2020. Candidates can get the e-information bulletin from XAT 2021 official website (www.xatonline.net.in).
GUIDELINES FOR THE EXAM
- XAT 2021 will be conducted on 3rd January, 2021.
- The exam timing is- 10:00am – 1:30pm
- The paper will be divided into two sections Paper 1 and Paper 2 that will further be divided into sub-sections.
- It will only be conducted in Computer mode.
- Application fee can be paid via Online Payment Gateway, Cash Payment and Demand Draft.
- To apply for other institutions using XAT score, candidate must go through respective institute’s application procedure.
- For XLRI courses an additional fee of Rs. 300 has to be paid per course.
- The examination will be held in 47 different cities across India along with two International cities i.e. Dubai and Kathmandu.
XAT 2021: IMPORTANT DATES
Here are some of the important dates regarding various events related to XAT 2021-
|XAT 2021 EVENTS||IMPORTANT DATES|
|Registration start date||12th September 2020|
|Last date for registration||10th December 2020|
|Availability of Admit card||21st December, 2020|
|XAT 2021 Exam date||3rd January, 2021|
|Result Declaration||18th January, 2021|
|Availability of XAT 2021 score card||18th January 2021|
XAT 2021: APPLICATION FORM
Once you find yourself eligible for the exam the next step is to apply for it, here’s an outlook how-
- The application form filling process started from 12th September 2020 and will end on 10th December 2020.
- Online mode is the only way through which a candidate can apply for the exam.
You can apply for XAT 2021 following these steps-
|Step 1||Visit XAT 2021 official website|
|Step 2||Fill the form|
|Step 3||Select the programme|
|Step 4||Select Mode of Payment|
|Step 5||Pay the application fee|
|Step 6||Print and Send Confirmation page|
|Step 7||Registration through GMAT|
Before you apply for the exam let’s look over the eligibility criteria–
XAT 2021: ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- A Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized authority.
- Final year students, who will be completing their end semester exams by 10th June, 2021 are also eligible to apply.
- NRI and Foreign students (excluding students from Dubai and Kathmandu) can apply through GMAT score.
XAT 2021: EXAM PATTERN
XAT exam pattern is set to test the aptitude of the aspirant based on decision making, qualitative, quantitative and verbal abilities. The exam will have multiple sections to evaluate a candidate’s overall aptitude. Here’s the exam pattern for XAT 2021-
|Mode of the examination||Online mode (Computer based)|
|Sections||Two papers (Paper 1 and paper 2)|
|Duration||Paper 1 – 170 minutes Paper 2 – 35 minutes|
|Number of questions||Paper 1 – 72 Questions (Decision making – 21 Questions, Verbal and logical ability – 24 Questions, Quantitative ability and data interpretation – 27) Paper 2 – 25 Questions (GK – 25 Questions and One essay topic).|
|Subjects||Verbal and logical ability Qualitative and Quantitative ability Decision Making Data Interpretation|
|Marking Scheme||There is a choice of not attempting any 12 questions. But after that any un-attempted question will have a negative marking of 0.25.|
|Negative Marking||There will be negative marking For every incorrect answer ¼ marks will be deducted.|
A list of cities in which XAT 2021 will be conducted-
|Goa||Greater Noida||Gurgaon (Gurugram)|
XAT 2021: EXAM SYLLABUS
Aspirants can seek admission in management courses through XAT exam. Its overall syllabus is based on these four sections- Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative ability and Data interpretation and GK. For candidates who are preparing for the exam the syllabus is given below-
|Verbal and logical ability||Analogies or reverse analogies, Critical Reasoning, Para rearrangement or jumbled up Para, Para completion or inference, Logical completion of idea, Reading Comprehension & Vocabulary|
|Decision Making||Logical Reasoning, Sets, Mathematics, Puzzles, Line charts, Pie charts, Bar graphs, Decision making, Coding & Decoding, Family tree, Numeric grid etc.|
|Quantitative ability and Data interpretation||Trigonometric functions, Geometry, Mensuration, Algebra, Decimal system, Ratio and Proportion, Area and Volume, Cost and Quantity, Percentage, Profit and Loss, Linear and Quadratic equations, Heights and Distance, Speed and Time, Statistics, Probability.|
|General Knowledge||Basic Gk (National, International, Sports, Business, Events, Awards, Politics, Geography, History, World etc.) ,Current Affairs|
XAT 2021: ADMIT CARD
- Candidates will be able to download XAT 2021 Admit card from 21st December, 2020 onwards.
- It will only be available on the XAT official website (www.xatonline.net.in).
- Details like Name of the candidate, Roll no. , Exam center, Exam timing, Exam date will be mentioned in the admit card.
- Candidates are advised to keep their admit cards safe till the end of the admission procedure.
- Admit cards will only be available online
XAT 2021: ANSWER KEY
- Answer key will be made available on the official website on 8th January 2021.
- Candidates can cross check their answers by the answer key.
- They first have to visit the website and click on “XAT 2021 Answer Key” link.
- Then enter the registration number and the Date of Birth.
- The answer key will appear.
XAT 2021: RESULT DECLARATION
- Result of XAT 2021 will declare on 18th January, 2021.
- It will be made available on XAT official website
- To generate the result a candidate needs to enter registration no. and other required details.
- Also the score card will be made available to download after result declaration.
- Keep the score card safe.
- There are more than a 100 B-Schools across India which avail admission on the basis of XAT score.
XAT 2021: CUTOFF
A cutoff is the minimum score required to qualify an exam. Though XLRI have yet to announce the official cutoff here’s a cutoff based on previous year-
|Verbal and Logical Ability||Decision Making||Quantitative ability and Data Interpretation||Programme|
|7.5||7||5.5||Human Resource Management|
|Total – For BM (28), For HR (26), For GMP (26)|
XAT 2021: COUNSELING PROCEDURE
- Counseling process for XAT 2021 will start after the result declaration.
- It will be held via offline mode.
- Students will be invited according to the marks they scored.
- Then candidates will be shortlisted for XLRI.
- Later Group discussions (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI) will be conducted for shortlisted candidates.